There are colleges that stand out from the others because of their historic prestige. Many of those are located in the
North East, which certainly holds true of Princeton University. Princeton is known for its commitment to excellence in education,
and that same attitude permeates the entertainment at Princeton, specifically at Richardson Auditorium, which holds various
The history of Richardson Auditorium dates all the way back to the days when Princeton University was simply called the
College of New Jersey. In the 1980s, Mrs. Harriet Rocker Alexander donated the money to have Alexander Hall built in memory
of her husband, his father and his grandfather, all of whom had ties to Princeton. It was completed in 1894, and held everything
from lectures to a assemblies.
In the 1980s, Alexander Hall was in dire need of renovation, and a donation by David A. Richardson in memory of his father.
The renovation turned Alexander Hall into Richardson Auditorium, an 891-seat venue for theater
events. Ever since that time, Richardson Auditorium has been an important part of Princeton's illustrious legacy of performing