The John Golden Theatre was originally constructed by the Chanin Brothers in 1927 as the Theatre Masque, bought out by the Shubert Organization in 1937 and transformed into a playhouse in 1946 that was a film house for two years before restoring and renaming it to the John Golden Theatre in the late 1940s. The theatre has been home to several productions such as Samuel Beckett’s Waiting for Godot (1956), Tommy Tune’s A Day in Hollywood/A Night in the Ukraine (1980) and Tony-winning Avenue Q (2003).
The John Golden Theatre is a Broadway house in midtown-Manhattan, opening in 1927 with Puppets of Passion. The seating capacity for the theatre is 805 patrons, and seating is available in orchestra and mezzanine sections. Tickets are available at the box office on the day of the performance, and cash only is accepted. Wheelchair seating is available, but there are no wheelchair accessible restrooms.