The Prather Coliseum was built in 1964 and was named after H. Lee Prather, who was the dean of all head coaches in college basketball in 1949 and then became NSU#25;s president. The Prather Coliseum holds 3,400 patrons and is known for being a tough visiting coliseum to play in. It is the home court for the Northwestern State University basketball teams.
The doors to the Prather Coliseum open one hour prior to the beginning of the event. Pets are not allowed at any athletic events. Outside food, outside drinks and alcohol is not allowed. Throwing anything like footballs, frisbees or balls is also prohibited. All athletic venues are wheelchair accessible and companion seating is also available.