The Palestra is home to Penn#25;s men#25;s and women#25;s basketball games, volleyball and wrestling matches. It is located on the University of Pennsylvania campus and was given its name by the Greek professor Dr. William N. Bates. It first officially opened in 1927 and has hosted more games and more NCAA tournaments than any other facility.
The Palestra is equipped with two access areas for disabled patrons and ushers are available to seat those who need special assistance. Backpacks, alcohol, glass bottles and cans, coolers, weapons, fireworks, noisemakers, laser pointers and smoking are strictly prohibited in The Palestra. Concession stands are located around the concourse and they all offer a wide variety of snacks for patrons. Alcohol is neither sold nor permitted.