Judy and Arthur Zankel Hall is the most recent addition to Carnegie Hall. Zankel Hall was actually remodeled from the old Recital Hall that was an original part of Carnegie Hall. Located underneath Carnegie, the hall was leased to the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in 1895 for use as a theater, but was eventually reclaimed for Carnegie in 1997. The hall was remodeled to once again become a venue for recitals. It was named after the late Carnegie Hall Vice Chairman Arthur Zankel and his wife Judy.
Photographing, videotaping, or sound recording of any performance is strictly prohibited. There is a lost-and-found area at the House Manager#25;s Office on the 56th Street entrance. Carnegie Hall is fully handi-capped accessible, and recently won the first #28;Access New York#29; award. There is handicapped access available from 57th, and 7th. Assisted listening devices are also available free of charge with the deposit of an ID.