1. FC Kaiserslautern Tickets
1. FC Kaiserslautern, the Red Devils of the Bundesliga
1. FC Kaiserslautern was one of the major stars of the German professional football scene for many decades until the 2010s brought a fall from grace right into the third division. But you can bet your bottom dollar that this team, with a long history of dedicated football passion, will bounce back once again. You can buy or sell 1. FC Kaiserslautern tickets on StubHub and become part of yet another revival for this fabled club from the Rhineland forest region.
Finalists in both major German football cup competitions
1. FC Kaiserslautern emerged from a series of quick club amalgamations and renaming, having its German footballing origins in the merger of the proudly eponymous Germania 1896 club and FG Kaiserslautern. The result of this was a team known simply as FC 1900, although it was only formed in 1909, so the bucked the traditional German club naming conventions. The team played under that moniker for the next 20 years before merging once again, this time with SV Phönix, initially adopting a double-barrelled name reflecting both original teams and later settling on 1. FC Kaiserslautern in 1933, taking the nickname of the Red Devils. In this guise, the club was one of the original teams included at the start of the Bundesliga and has been playing in the top tiers of professional football ever since. In this time, it has made it to several finals of both the DFB Pokal and the DFL-Supercup. Although not one of the top teams in the Bundesliga, consistency has been the key to the continued popularity of the club in its hometown, where 1. FC Kaiserslautern tickets are de rigueur shopping items during the season.
Competing at the top levels in European football
1. FC Kaiserslautern plays its home games at Fritz Walter Stadium, named after a long-time player for the club. This stadium was the scene of one of the most remarkable comebacks in Bundesliga history. Having been shockingly relegated to the second division in 1996, despite winning the German Cup in the same year, the team shook off the setback in decisive fashion by playing their way straight back in to the first division that year – a feat which is actually unique in the history of top tier professional football in Germany. They reached the Champions League finals in 1996 as well – the same year in which they were making their Bundesliga comeback – and ended the group rounds top of their conference, which included some of the real 800-pound gorillas of European football: Benfica and PSV. Unfortunately, they were knocked out in the next round by their countrymen, FC Bayern Munich. This is always a team worth watching live, so get hold of some 1. FC Kaiserslautern tickets on StubHub as soon as the season is under way.
Epic events and incredible deals straight to your inbox.