Popular artists near you
Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo Tickets
Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo tickets
The Fort Worth Stock Show has been entertaining guests young and old for over 100 years. Since it opened in the 1800s, it's drawn in visitors from all over Texas and the United States.
In addition to the rodeo and stock show, a ticket also includes entrance to the show's "moo-seum" experience. Visitors can learn about the history of famous cowgirls at The National Cowgirl Museum. They can also learn check out some dinosaur skeletons at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History.
Other activities at the stock show include wine tastings, commercial exhibits and food stalls.
Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo's history
The Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo was established in 1896. It started out as a humble stock show that eventually grew to the grand stock show, rodeo, merchant exhibition center and entertainment show that it is today.
Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo's career milestones
- 1896 - The first stock show opens.
- 1898 - The stock show includes merchants.
- 1901 - The stock show is nicknamed "Texas Fat Stock Show."
- 1904 - Bill Pickett "Demon" Dusty performs his famous bulldogging technique.
- 1905 - The stock show adds a Wild West performance roundup and ranch demonstration.
- 1907 - The first admission is charged in this year.
- 1908 - The stock show is renamed to be called the National Feeders and Breeders Show. It's dubbed "the most opulent and dynamic livestock pavilion in the entire Western Hemisphere."
- 1910 - The stock show becomes a place to see and be seen. It's used as a place to make a fashion statement.
- 1911 - President Theodore Roosevelt is the guest of honor in this year.
- 1916 - Lucille Mulhall is featured at the stock show. She's known in history as "The first cowgirl."
- 1918 - The rodeo was added to the stock show in this year. Some of the Dallas Mavericks game. They also might enjoy the country sounds of George Strait.
Epic events and incredible deals straight to your inbox.